Monday, October 6, 2008

good monday?

I thought that was an oxymoron.. guess I was wrong. I actually had a good day today. It's the little things. I got a phone call from a friend I hadn't talked to in a while, I actually learned something in my class, I was semi productive at work, I figured out what classes I'm taking in the spring, and I also found out that I could possible graduate a semester earlier than planned.

That last good little thing on the list got me to thinking about the future and what it may hold. That would mean I could find a job, hopefully a well paying one, and be done with school forever. I'm pretty sure I don't need a Ph.D.

I went to church Saturday night. Saturday night services are good for me, because waking up early on Sunday morning is something I never do. It kind of gave me a new perspective on things and reminded me that I need to treat my job and my school work like it's actually important. That wasn't what the sermon was about. It was just a side note.

It is time for midterms, and I'm not too excited about it. I don't want to spend my fall break studying. It should pay off one day, though.

No comments: